Emergency Medical Application
VMEDO (formerly, Blood For Sure) is an early stage start-up focused on solving Medical Emergency Healthcare problem. Started in the month of November 2014 at Shimoga (a small town in Karnataka, India), with the mission to “Save lives during Medical Emergencies”. In the last two years of operation, we have served more than 3000 people, with over 500 critical emergencies, which included- Ambulance booking, Hospital appointments, Blood donations, First aid and other Medical assistance.
VMEDO app has some of the finest features to assist people during medical emergencies and a few features to encourage volunteer activity. These include:
1. First aid: This feature includes first aid tips for over 21 different emergency situations which are evaluated by some of the best doctors. It assists even when there is no internet connection and it has an automatic ‘text to speech’ converter which delivers first aid tips in an audio format.
2. Find ambulance: This feature assists people in finding the nearest ambulance during emergencies. One can then choose from a list of different types of ambulance and reach out to the helpline to book an ambulance immediately.
3. Find nearest Hospital: This feature assists people in finding the nearest hospital during emergency (currently only in Bangalore). It allows a user to search for hospitals based on various specializations, treatments, location, name and doctor. The user can then book an appointment with the hospitals/doctor or can contact the hospital directly through this feature.
4. Find Blood: This feature assists people in finding the nearest blood bank, blood donor during emergencies. It connects the user to the Blood donors via phone and SMS.
5. Health tools: VMEDO has got over 8 health tools like BMI calculator, Heart rate calculator, Fat calculator, etc.
6. Emergency Contacts: A user can now add up to 5 emergency contacts. The app shares your location & other details to these contacts during any emergency situations.
7. Emergency Button: This feature helps the users to notify Emergency to their emergency contacts, ambulance services and the nearest Police station, just on the click of a button.
8. Creating your Profile and Social sharing: A user can set up his own Social profile, register as a blood donor and use the social sharing option to spread the word.
Influanza is a marketplace that connects social media influencers with marketers who want to sponsor their content.